Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years in the Auto repair business
7276279

Oldsmobile 98 Regency: i have a 1990 olds 98 with 3800 that

Customer Question

Hi i have a 1990 olds 98 with 3800 that is giving me a cam position sensor code and I have replaced it and checked that the interrupter is still on cam, while change cam sensor it was hard to start now it will not start I have no spark on plug one so how do I check this coil pack to verify it is okay
Category: Oldsmobile
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Before you check the coil start first with checking the signal from the new crankshaft sensor to the module , see the steps to do so in the link below, copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/No%20spark%20Jul%2027.pdf
Check this and post back with the results and we can work from there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Checked what you suggested and took ICM down and had it tested and it passed
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Did you check the signal from the new crankshaft sensor to the module as per the steps I sent you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes check signil for crank and camshaft bought new plugs and wires but haven't installed yet
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Okay well get them installed and let see if the resolve the problem and if not post back and let me know and we can work from there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Installed plugs and wires but still not starting it was late last night so haven't checked for spark again but am sure not getting it since not starting
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
If you find you have no spark you are going to need to run the test steps I sent you. Doing so should help you determine the cause.