Amedee
Amedee, Oldsmobile Technician
Experience:  ASE certified Technician advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

Olds Alero: I have a 2002 olds alero, that trys to start, but

Customer Question

I have a 2002 olds alero, that trys to start, but dies. I have replaced the fuel pump and filter and still have the same problem
Category: Oldsmobile
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. What size engine do you have? Are there any codes in the computer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2.2L not sure what codes might be in the computer
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Are there any anti theft or security lights on or flashing on the dash? If so, you could have an issue with the ignition switch. Also, see if the engine will run on starting fluid. If so, you know it is fuel related.
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Hello! It'sCustomerfrom just answer. I am just checking in to see how things are going and to see if you need any further assistance? Let me know!Customer
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Hello!
It'sCustomerfrom just answer. I am just checking in to see how things are going and to see if you need any further assistance?
Let me know!
Customer