Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Olds Mechanic
Experience:  35 years Master Mechanic
2617050

Oldsmobile aurora: . I have an 02 olds Arorua. I ha d the

Customer Question

Hi. I have an 02 olds Arorua. I ha d the code read & it said missfire in cylinder 4. I replaced the plugs boots and coil & it still is rough when idling. What next?
Category: Oldsmobile
Expert:  Virtual Wrench replied 1 year ago.
Most likely it has a leaky injector causing it to put too much gas in that cylinder.
Have you considered having the injectors professionally cleaned? A lot of times thats all it needs to remove and carbon build up on the injector tip that prevents it from closing all the way and leaking fuel and causing a misfire.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ive delt with leaky injectors before & this problem really doesnt feel like before. It will run fine for a while then act up after idle for a minute & vice versa. If the injector is bad or leaking I don't believe it would be cycling back & forth.
You didnt mention that off and on cycling or whatever you call it, but an injector can still cause that...all i can do is tell you common issues we run into because there sure isnt just only one possibility thats causing this.
You can also check for a vacuum leak around the intake manifold on that cylinder as well because that can cause a miss off and on..hard to say from here because of all the posibilites.
Weak valve seat? Have you done a compression test and cylinder leak down test yet?