Pete, Oldsmobile Technician
Experience:  17 years Oldsmobile training and experience.
14928985

Oldsmobile Silhouette: The a/c in 95 Silhouette inexplicably

Customer Question

The a/c in 95 Silhouette inexplicably closes off conditioned air to the upper outlets in the front and reopens them when decides to, which seems random. Was it designed to do this? If not, what will it take to fix it?
Category: Oldsmobile
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
This sounds like the mode actuator is acting up or a loss of signal vacuum or electrical to it causing it to close off.This will need tested further to pinpoint which is the cause here and then repaired from there.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, fine! I appreciate your taking action on the question. Please explain where the mode actuator is located. Are the troubleshooting and repair best to be done at a GM dealership or is the operation not so peculiar that it can't be done on the outside? Your response to this will probably satisfy my need. Please remind me how I pay for your service.
W G Aker
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pete, did you get the follow-on question?
WGA
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
I apologize for the delay.I was on vacation for a bit there.
Did you still need help with this here?
Let me know,thanks Pete.