Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master certified, 30 years experience. Auto troubleshooting, electrical , ABS, SRS, EFI system
2947720

Oldsmobile Intrigue: My 2002 Intrigue is bucking on the highway

Customer Question

My 2002 Intrigue is bucking on the highway when accelerating between 60 and 70 mph. Have brand new plugs.
Category: Oldsmobile
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I will be happy to assist you today.
.
Are there any trouble codes? (misfire) P0300 - P0306
.
Is it like a surge or more like a chuggle?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There was misfire codes. I just changed the plugs. It is chugging between 60 and 70 when accellerating
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.
I see, thanks.
.
There may be a problem with the torque converter clutch or the TCC solenoid, locking and unlocking. What you could try is, when it is doing the ‘shuddering’ , just hit the brake pedal slightly, enough to make the brake lights come on but not enough to actually apply the brakes and see if the shudder or chuggle goes away.
.
If it does then the problem is in the TCC, system. Normally a bad solenoid inside the trans.
.
If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service.
.
Thanks