Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Oldsmobile Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera Wagon: I have a 1992 Oldsmobile cutlass

Customer Question

I have a 1992 Oldsmobile cutlass ciera wagon and a pesticide windows stopped working both of them and I replace the one more to see if that was it because I have power going to motor but nothings happening. I removed it again it will go up but nothing is making it go down
Category: Oldsmobile
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK check the wires going to the motor and when I go down all but one has power that is the tan line and when I go up just pink and blue line got power. It go up but not down. When I use master switch assembly I go down all line ( in the door that doesn't work ) the have power. I hope this help you to help me.
Expert:  jazzmaster replied 1 year ago.
ok, does this have a module in the drivers side front door ?
there should be
brown
dk blue
pink and brown or tan with a white stripe -this should show 12 volts with the key on
the dk blue and the tan/white wire will alternate the 12 volts and ground -depending which way the switch is pushed
my diagram doesn't show which wire has the ground and which wire has the hot for the switch when it is pushed for up or down
the wire
the master switch is bad if you cant get both hot and ground on the brown or dk blue wire when you either go up or down ..jazzmaster