Amedee
Amedee, Oldsmobile Technician
Experience:  ASE certified Technician advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

Oldsmobile Alero: 2001 alero 4cyl. Car runs fine but about

Customer Question

2001 alero 4cyl. Car runs fine but about 50% of the time upon starting it up, the "service vehicle soon" light comes on and stays on. When this happens I have no heat/ fan/ or A/C controls. Any ideas?
Category: Oldsmobile
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome!
My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.
Have you checked for codes in the computer?
You could have a bad ignition switch. This is very common on these vehicles. Check voltage on the fuses inside the vehicle when this happens. If there is low voltage to a number of fuses, the ignition switch has gone bad and will need to be replaced.
Customer
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Hello!
ItsCustomerfrom just answer. I am just checking in to see how things are going and to see if you need any further assistance?
Let me know!
Customer
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Hello!
Let me know!
Customer