Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Oldsmobile Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

Oldsmobile Bravada: Pete, I am doing some reading prior

Customer Question

Hi Pete, I am doing some reading prior to taking my car 02 Bravada to my mechanic. My truck started and had a slight rumble to the engine which is abnormal. I do know the car has 150K+ miles on it. Just wanted to be able to speak to my mechanic of the specific symptoms so we can pinpoint the issue.
Category: Oldsmobile
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Pete, I am doing some reading prior to taking my car 02 Oldsmobile Bravada to my mechanic. My truck started and had a slight rumble on the left side coming from what i think is the engine which is abnormal. In addition to that, the check engine light start flashing as I approached 30 mpg. My truck does have car 150K+ and I have not had any engine issues yet. Note I just got the oil changed a couple of days ago at a Jiffy Lube. I declined the other services they offer as I usually talk to my mechanic for anything specific besides oil changes.With my mechanic, I like to come prepared with some discussion points so he can better be equipped to handle the issue.. Just wanted to be able to speak to my mechanic of the specific symptoms as I am not too well versed in car mechanical terminology. I hope my explanation can help you to help provide a concise explaination to the mechanic. Also in your experience, would you know how much a possible repair would run me?I appreciate you help well in advanced.
With kind regards,
Joe
Expert:  roybelding replied 1 year ago.
good evening my name is ***** ***** I will assist
this could be a lot of reasons for this type of running issue. what have you done to track down the failure so far???
Roy