Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master certified, 30 years experience. Auto troubleshooting, electrical , ABS, SRS, EFI system
2947720

Oldsmobile 88 Royale: 97 olds 88 starts put in gear engine

97 olds 88 starts put in gear engine run rough engine will stall at times map sen was broken replaced still ran the same tps replaced still run the same checked coil pack seem like 4 and 6 doesn't throw a good like the other what should the resistence be

Hello and welcome. Thank you for trusting us with your vehicle concerns, I will do my best to help you with your question.

.

That does sound like the #4 and 6 coil is bad. GM doesn't normally specify a resistance spec for them but as a rule of thumb a good coil should have between 5000 and 7000 Ohms. (Resistance between towers.)

.

.