Pete, Oldsmobile Technician
Experience:  17 years Oldsmobile training and experience.

Oldsmobile Intrigue: I have a 2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue. The

I have a 2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue. The scanned showed (3) codes: po385, po463, and po137. Please give me your expertise advice and a ball park estimation of cost that I should be looking. Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX
Category: Oldsmobile
Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Hello,I will be glad to try and assist you with this,Welcome to Just Answer.I may need more info in some cases to help with answering your question.

Code 137 will set when the pre cat oxygen sensor voltage drops below a certain range for a period of time.This is usually caused by a faulty oxygen sensor as you have no other lean engine running codes set.This should be checked/tested to be sure by a shop or dealer to make sure it is only the oxygen sensor at fault.The cost for this is roughly around $100 for the sensor and about 1 hours labor (up to $130 per hour depending on shop charges)

Code 385 will set when there has been a fault detected with the crank position sensor.This can be a common component to fail as I have seen and have had to replace several times before.This sensor is located above the starter on this engine.This sensor can also cost around $100 and up to 1.5 hours labor to have replaced.Most likely your sensor is acting up and needs replaced as this is most common.

Code 463 will set when a fault has been detected with the fuel level sender.This sender is in the fuel tank and can be common to fail requiring replacement.This part can cost around $150 and up to 2 hours labor to have replaced.This can cause the fuel gage to read inaccurately.Most common is this sensor fails requiring replacement.

Let me know if you need anything else,thanks Pete.
Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,