Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...

Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Line Mechanic, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years. R/S, etc.

Oldsmobile Alero: I need the wiring diagram for a 1999 Oldsmobile

I need the wiring diagram for a 1999 Oldsmobile Alero Security behind my radio. My car starts and promptly shuts off. I know I need to cut the thin yellow wire behind the radio. I have an older friend who is a mechanic and am trying to get all the homework done before he comes to fix my car on Monday. Help!
Desiree
Chesterfield, Va.
Category: Oldsmobile
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for using J/A / Pearl
My answer is below.

Please understand, the site makes me post the following:

"Please only rate my answer if you are satisfied with the service I have provided.
If you feel the need to rate "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have, because this will result in a negative mark on my feedback record.
I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.
Instead, please simply reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT link with the issue you have.
I am happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek."
My answer may not be to your liking, but is a correct & honest answer.
Many times the only fix will be by Dealer or Shop, so please do not hold that against me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

need the wiring diagram for a 1999 Oldsmobile Alero Security behind my radio

You need to find the PassLock wires coming from the Ignition Switch
Cut the "thin" YELLOW wire in half & follow the below

graphic

If you need further, please ask "before" you Rate my Answer...............

If not, please rate my Answer as Excellent Service, as that is how a recieve a small portion of the Deposit................thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
O.k. just to clarify , I need to go in thru the ignition switch? Desiree Chesterfield, Va.

O.k. just to clarify , I need to go in thru the ignition switch?

wires are found at the back of the Ignition Switch & into the Ignition Switch Harness, along Steering Column

Don 'Mo Lurch', Auto Mechanic
Experience: Line Mechanic, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years. R/S, etc.