Neal
Neal, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Experienced in most makes. Many years in family business.
17294534

1992 olds: about 10 minutes...no sputter..dies..ignition coil module

1992 olds 98. Shuts off after driving it for about 10 minutes...no sputter, nothing, just like you were to shut the engine off. After it sits for 20-30 minutes starts on first try and runs for another 20-30 and dies again. Replace the ignition coil module thinking that was it. Still doing it. Please help!!
Category: Oldsmobile
Expert:  Neal replied 2 years ago.

Hello I'm Neal and I am here to help resolve your issue. If I cannot help I will opt out and refer your question to another expert.

-

In my experience it is most likely going to be the crank sensor, when they start to go bad they can be temperature sensitive and they do what you describe. If it was in my shop I would try that next as there is no way to test it when it is intermittant like that. The sensor is only $25 to $50 depending on the brand you get, I would go with the $50 one myself.

-

Please ACCEPT my answer by clicking the accept button or leave feedback if there is no accept button visible, so I can get credit for my work. I don't receive
commission unless you do ..I'm not always going to be giving you good news, so
please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. It does not
cost you more money. We will still be able to communicate afterwards and I will
continue to assist. Please understand, I can not see, hear or touch the vehicle
and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated!
If you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back, I
will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. If i have sent
any diagrams, please print them. They will only stay on here for an hour or
so...sometimes you may need to right click the image, Then save picture to your
computer so you can open it with your picture program...PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED
MORE HELP

Neal, Auto Mechanic
Experience: Experienced in most makes. Many years in family business.