Pete, Oldsmobile Technician
Experience:  17 years Oldsmobile training and experience.
14928985

I just started getting 3 codes. po753 po758 po740 after changing

I just started getting 3 codes. po753 po758 po740 after changing out the motor and tranny
Category: Oldsmobile
Expert:  Pete replied 4 years ago.
Hi and welcome to Just Answer.I will try and assist you today with your question.Please don't click on accept unless you feel satisfied with my assistance here.

I just need a little more info to assist better.

Can you tell me the year and model of this vehicle as well as engine size?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
1996 Olds Delta 88 3.8L motor and tranny went into a 1997 Olds Delta 88 3.8 body. I used the computers that came with the 1996
Expert:  Pete replied 4 years ago.
According to my info the part numbers between these two year vehicles are different for the transmission,swapping over the computer was a good idea but you may want to make sure the wiring connects the same same colors and outputs from the donor vehicle to your vehicle as this can cause these fault codes to set if wiring is different from one vehicle to the other.

Let me know if you need anything else,click accept if you feel satisfied with your answer as this is how I get credited for my time,Thanks Pete!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The wiring seems to be the same except the 1997 has a red wire at the top of the plug that goes into the tranny and the 1996 has a brown wire there

Is there a way to tell where the wires on the tranny should connect to the plug that goes into the firewall?

Expert:  Pete replied 4 years ago.
Unfortunately I don't have any diagrams available to post here for this but I post below a website that will carry these diagrams,they generally charge a small fee but the info is usually good for one year.

www.alldatadiy.com

Expert:  Pete replied 4 years ago.
Let me know if you need anything else with your question asked or anything else in the future.Thanks Pete!