Olds expert
Olds expert, ase certified technician
Experience:  30 years experience
22989858

Oldsmobile Alero: I need the wiring diagram for the factory

I need the wiring diagram for the factory radio for a 2001 olds alero
Category: Oldsmobile
Expert:  Olds expert replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to just answer.com. I'm here to help you and your 100% satisfaction is my goal.Here's the wiring diagram you're looking for if there's anything else you need please let me know , I will be with you as long as it takes to solve your problem thank you very much graphicgraphic
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm installing an after-market radio unit and am soldering on the new harness to the wires from the factory radio. I believe the two larger wires are the ground and battery (Black w/ white stripe and Orange) and the speakers are twisted pairs (easy). The solid black, solid brown, solid gray, solid green (not part of the speaker pair), and two purple wires are the ones i'm having trouble decifering.
Did a diagram come through clear
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I can read the diagram looks like my antenna IS or is connected to my read defroster? the purple wires are not on the diagram. There are two inexplicable purple wires.
Do you have the auxiliary amplifier on your system?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No amplifier that i know of. I looked at scores of forums and looked in the places where others had them. No amp in the trunk behind the carpet on either left or right sides. None under seats or in dash that i can find.

If have an amplifier it's located in the trunk on the left hand side

What is your vehicle Identification number ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
1g3nk12tx1c122796
Yes if you look to purple wire is the serial data wire which hooks to the first terminal.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
what about the 2nd purple wire?

What position is in an on the plug ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
B6

It's Orange/empty/Green/Gray/Black/PURPLE/empty/ then speakers -->

That purple wire is a gain control wire which goes directly too the amplifier in the trunk

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There is no amplifier in the trunk.
I understand you have no amplifier on just saying that that wire in the harness goes too the amplifier when you have an amplifier that's what it is for apparently it's just terminates
Olds expert, ase certified technician
Experience: 30 years experience
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
oye, it's too dark to continue. Thanks for the help.