Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Oldsmobile Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification

2000 Olds Intrigue: with electrical problem..lit..alternator..towed

Customer Question

2000 Olds Intrigue with electrical problem; no start, but lights are lit on dash. Recent replacement of battery and alternator by local shop. Car had to be towed in with less than 400 miles of service. Shop says car is now blowing fuses, any ideas?
Category: Oldsmobile
Expert:  Neal replied 4 years ago.

I'm Neal and I am here to assist you. Only accept when you are happy with my assistance. If I can't help I will open your Question to other experts.

It sounds like some kind of short, it could be from wiring damage or or bad component. Do you know which fuse is blowing or is it more than one?

This question will remain open and I will continue to work with you even after you accept. The question will remain active for 7 days after our last communication.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I also recognize it is a short (or bad component). I have probably called you prematurely, as I have not been able to speak to the mechanic working on the car. Apparently the fuse that is blowing is not owner servicable, but the shop has not told the owner which fuse is blowing. I will give more info as I get it; I appreciate your interest and honesty. This woman made the mistake of going to more than one shop for service, often not going back to complain when the car was not fixed correctly. Now she has an automobile that has had five different things done by three different shops. Aren't you glad you are not the tech getting this job to diagnose in a flat-rate shop? I forgot to mention it also received a new ignition swtich back in May. It had nothing go wrong for the first ten years of it's life; now 2700.00 in repairs in the last 6 months.
Expert:  Neal replied 4 years ago.
Wow, that could be a real mess. Let me know what you find out, specifically which fuse or fuses and what they have been doing with it for three weeks!!!