Pete, Oldsmobile Technician
Experience:  17 years Oldsmobile training and experience.

1994 olds 88: car running fine and then started losing power

1994 olds 88 had computer installed 3 days ago 1 day after car running fine and then started losing power and now can only go 35 MPH......what can be the problem?
Hello and Welcome to Just Answer.

If this problem wasn't present before the computer was replaced then either the PROM chip wasn't removed from the old computer and installed in the new computer or the new computer that was installed has an internal electrical failure or could be the wrong computer for this vehicle here.

These are things that need double checked to see if any of them are at fault for this problem here.

The most common is sometimes the places or person that replaces the computer is unaware of having to remove the PROM chip from the old computer and installing it in the new computer.

Let me know if you need anything else,click accept if you feel satisfied with your answer as this is how I get credited for my time,Thanks Pete!