Pete, Oldsmobile Technician
Experience:  17 years Oldsmobile training and experience.
14928985

1995 OLDS DELTA 88 ROYALE: THE SECURITY LIGHT COMES..HEADLIGHTS COME

I HAVE A 1995 OLDS DELTA 88 ROYALE
WHEN TRYING TO START THE SECURITY LIGHT COMES ON & FLASHES
ENGINE WILLNOT TURN OVER.
HEADLIGHTS COME ON
BATTERY IS OK
WHAT CAN BE CAUSING THIS PROBLEM?

AL
Hello and Welcome to Just Answer.

Hi.

I apologize for the delay.

This is a common fault on this model here with the chip in the key.

What fails is the ignition cylinder most commonly.The ignition cylinder reads the ignition key when the key is inserted and turned on,the cylinder then transmits the data through two tiny wires at the back of it to the theft control unit.

What happens is the wires at the back of the cylinder break off and then the signal cannot be transmitted to the theft control unit.

Yo correct this the cylinder has to be replaced as well as a new ignition key to fit the new cylinder.I have had to do this repair several times before to correct this exact problem on this model here.

The system can also be bypassed for around $180 with a by pass kit.This kit comes with easy to follow installation instructions and a 30 day warranty.This will make it to where regular keys can be cut in the future without having to have the chipped keys in your vehicle as this bypasses this system completely.

If you want it repaired the correct way the cylinder can cost around $75 to $100 and each key can be around $20 each to match the new cylinder.Labor to install this is about 1 hours charge.

Below is the web site info if you want to by pass the system.Click on the Pro Vats Full By pass link to order the kit.

http://newrockies.ca?ap_id=bypasskit

Let me know if you need anything else,click accept if you feel satisfied with your answer as this is how I get credited for my time,Thanks Pete!