jazzmaster, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I have 32 years experience as a automotive tech,plus ase certified

2000 oldsmobile bravada with a p0302 cylinder two misfire code

Customer Question

Category: Oldsmobile
Expert:  jazzmaster replied 5 years ago.
hi, the first thing I would do is see if the spark is hot to the # XXXXX plug if it is then check the #2 spark plug to see if it looks normal,if it does or doesnt look normal switch the plug from the # XXXXX cylinder and clear the code(s) take it for a test drive to see if the check engine light comes back on and also to see if you can feel a misfire ,if you do and the check engine light comes back on ,see what code it brings up now ,if it has the same code po302 then it may me a coil or cylinder problem ,if it comes back as a code po304 then the plug is bad ,you may need to drive this for two drive cycles ,that is by driving once then shutting it off wait a few mins. and then take it for another short drive ...guy...
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i switched the plugs still 302 then the wires still 302 when you say coil you meen the thing on the back of the motor that all the wires are pluged in to if it is not the coil what does that mean
did you check the spark at the plug ? the # XXXXX plug?,check that and compare it to the spark from any other wire at the plug , it is dimmer?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
it has spark they are hard to see any difference maybe a littel less
ok ,this has the what we call a flat cap ,that is the dist,cap they have had problems with this ,it may appear to look good but in fact these short out a lot internally,and most times you cant see anything wrong ,I would if it does appear that is has a little less spark on the # XXXXX spark plug wire and the fact that it did not change the code when you switched the plugs ,I would try a new cap and rotor and go from there ,as I said I have seen a lot of these fail ,so put a new cap and rotor on ....guy...