Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Oldsmobile Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification

2003 oldsmobile alero: with 115,000 miles..trac off light is coming

I just bought a used 2003 osmobile alero with 115,000 miles. the trac off light is coming on part of the time. what does this mean?

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you with your Oldsmobile problem.

Do you have any other warning lights on like the check engine light or the abs light?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Only the trac off light is coming on and only part of the time
You will need to have the computer scanned for trouble codes. The trac off light can be caused by a problem in the abs system, but this would also cause the abs light to be on. The engine control computer can also cause the trac off light to come on. There is most likely a code set in the engine/trans computer, not all trouble codes cause the check engine light to come on. Have the codes scanned at Auto Zone to determine where the faults lie. If you need help with the codes, please let me know.