Russell H., Service Tech.
Experience:  10 yrs fixing office equipment. Decades of typewriter fixes.
13568747

I own an HP MFP M277-dw. I am trying to make a copy of one

Customer Question

I own an HP MFP M277-dw. I am trying to make a copy of one sheet of paper; but I am un able to get the printer to copy for me. Can you assist me?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: My printer is less than a year old. I purchased it at Staples in Edgewater, N.J. The Model No. is MFP M277dw
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: I have the printer connected to a MAC; bu I am not trying to print from the computer I just need to make a copy of a sheet of paper???
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I had not tried to copy in a white. I attempted to make a copy yesterday and it did't work, so I went out to make a copy. I need an additional copy and I'm trying to do it at home; but the printer does not make the copy. Actually, there is no activity when I press copy...
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I just think that perhaps the is something i'm not doing correctly. I'm totally "technologically challenged"...
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

When you make a copy, first you press COPY to get into copy mode (it does nothing else but select the mode, if you're pressing the right button.)

Then when you have placed the original document, you press BLACK or COLOR, depending upon which type of copy you want to make, and that starts the actual photocopying.

Isn't that working on your machine? or does it stay in FAX mode, or something like that?