Russell H., Service Tech.
Experience:  10 yrs fixing office equipment. Decades of typewriter fixes.
13568747

I am trying to hook my laptop up to my oki printer to print

Customer Question

I am trying to hook my laptop up to my oki printer to print a document.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It is OKI C531dn
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: By energy star
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I have an hp computer and this is my first time trying to print a document. I do not know how to connect them.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, besides I have already tried to add the printer on my computer and a notification popped up saying the active domain services is currently unavailable.
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 19 days ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

First, you should install the driver for the printer, onto the computer, before hooking up the printer to it. (Unless you are in great haste and aren't about to try to print anything very elaborate or demanding, and don't mind having all the more work to do to get the printer fully working thereafter.)

Second, you should look at your computer's Windows version, in

Control Panel

System And Security

System

and choose the right driver from this page, to download and install:

http://www.oki.com/uk/printing/support/drivers-and-utilities/colour/01327801/?lang=ac2

and though there are several good choices there, the PCL5 Driver is the most likely to be good for your system and printing.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.