Russell H., Service Tech.
Experience:  10 yrs fixing office equipment. Decades of typewriter fixes.
13568747

It will not print faxes, Konica minolta bizhub 181, not

Customer Question

it will not print faxes
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: Konica minolta bizhub 181
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: not printing from computer receiving faxes but they won't print
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: don't know for sure getting a paper size error message (load 11 x 17) but can't change the size - using 8.5x11 in tray 1
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: the machine receives faxes into the memory but will not print even though it is set to print. if I open the tray and move the paper guides to 11x17 and close the tray door it will print one page from the memory
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 26 days ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

One fax that was received, might have had a legal-size or 11 x 17 inch page included in it / scanned in as a part of the fax.

That would require 11 x 17 paper to print out.

Mixing legal size into regular size, in a fax, is often necessary for inclusion of legal forms, but causes trouble as you can tell.

Try loading more than one 11 x 17 sheet at a time, see if there's more than one to print, then have it resume printing 8 1/2 x 11 sheets.

At worst, faxes might have to be cleared from the K-M machine's memory, for this problem to be cleared up altogether.