ElectronicsPete
ElectronicsPete, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Engineer
30970729

Konica Minolta c550. I get faint red streaks at the front

Customer Question

Konica Minolta c550. I get faint red streaks at the front and faint yellow streaks across the back of color pages. the streaks are in the direction of travel. I just put a new transfer belt on the original frame. the transfer roller seems to have corresponding red and yellow toner rings after printing. I have about 300,000 total images on the machine. After changing the transfer belt the streaks were reduced by 95%. I washed (yes I did) the transfer roller and that helped for a few copies but then the faint streaks returned. The drums look perfect but I ordered 2 new ones anyway. I changed the drum blade on red, no difference.
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: konica Minolta bizhub c550 . 10 years
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC, windows xp is what I'm on right now and windows 10 prints to that printer. This happens when making copies.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It just gradually appeared and got worse. I also changed the lower fuser roller which was bad and it improved somewhat. IT's almost gone now.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of.
Category: Office Equipment
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi, I just put my credit card and the window closed.
Expert:  ElectronicsPete replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

These unwanted spots of colored toner will be caused by an issue with either the toner cartridge or the photoconductor unit.

If you have already tried replacing the toner cartridges then that just leaves the photoconductor unit as the likely cause.

Hi, just checking in on your question, do you need any further assistance?