Russell H., Service Tech.
Experience:  10 yrs fixing office equipment. Decades of typewriter fixes.
13568747

I have a xerox 6204 wide format printer and it gives me a

Customer Question

Hi I have a xerox 6204 wide format printer and it gives me a chain link 123-314 also communication error
JA: What's the make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: xerox 6204 wide format printer about 5 years old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: we moved office and it hasn't worked after the move. about 6 months ago
JA: Anything else you want the office expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: just looking for someone who knows this machine to help trouble shoot what part is bad and needs replacing or fixing
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  crash2199 replied 4 months ago.

Hi!

The beginning of the chain 123 identifies an Internal Communication Error, Firmware download failure or Power On Self Test (POST) Fault.

Even though this is a basic step and you may have tried it, please power off the printer and unplug it from the wall. Wait 1 minute and plug it back in then power it on.

Do you still have the error?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I went online and found the basic recommendations. I tried those. We had a service tech come out and look at it and he said something needs to be replaced and tried to sell us a new unit saying that this unit isn't supported anymore. Im trying to see if together we can figure out what if anything needs to be replaced and maybe the cheapest way to find a refurbished widget and have it replaced. I'm not convinced the tech that came was experience or interested in really spending much time trying to fix this unit. I would love to buy a new unit but my company has a spending freeze and we are slow so we have more time than money. I'm coming out of pocket because i am trying to get a project out the door and need to print. HELP PLEASE.

Did the tech say what exactly needed to be replaced?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for your assistance but I would like another expert.

Sure. I will send the question back to the expert pool