Russell H., Service Tech.
Experience:  10 yrs fixing office equipment. Decades of typewriter fixes.
13568747

OKI 5200 series. Message toner cartridge 542 sensor error. I

Customer Question

OKI 5200 series. Message toner cartridge 542 sensor error. I checked the lever and pushed it as far back as it would go. Error remained. I removed the cartridge and its drum and put them back. Error remained.
JA: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?
Customer: sorry, I have to pull the printer out. The cartridges are all standard. The C is 42804503
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC Windows 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Nothing unusual happened. I was printing mainly B&W. The orange light came on. I have not been able to print since then.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: let me get the model # and serial off the back
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The sensor switch may be defective... or, the circuit board it communicates with, perhaps, is sensing or giving false indications (- that can happen, too.)

But, try turning Off the printer. Unplug it from the power. Leave it that way for at least 2 hours, to cool off and rest/reset. Then see if that clears the sensor error.

Let me know how it turns out, what happens, and I will continue to offer assistance.