Russell H., Service Tech.
Experience:  10 yrs fixing office equipment. Decades of typewriter fixes.
13568747

My ricoh sp204sfnw can't scan to folder, RICOH SP 204SFNW I

Customer Question

my ricoh sp204sfnw can't scan to folder
JA: What is the machine's exact make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: RICOH SP 204SFNW I BOUGHT it 6 months ago.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC WINDOWS 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: the printer can print from my pc
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: printer can scan itself but just won't transfer the file to my pc as a message of " Sending 192.168.0.4" stays idle for ages..
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Since that error message references a network address (a local network IP address, specifically) then I suspect that either you

1: need to configure the Ricoh machine to communicate via your network, properly, or

2: need to configure your scanner software to communicate to the Ricoh machine's local IP address on the network, or

3: need to configure your computer's Firewall, to allow communication to, and from, the local IP address of your Ricoh machine. This is most likely if the scanning to your computer has never worked, though in that case (1) is also likely to need taking care of.

Printing a Network Configuration Page (or similar page) from the printer, will tell you its local IP Address on the local network, and help with (3).

Ask me for further advice, as needed. Thanks.