Russell H., Service Tech.
Experience:  10 yrs fixing office equipment. Decades of typewriter fixes.
13568747

Have error code 077-325 on my xerox 700, tired cleaning

Customer Question

Hi, Have error code 077-325 on my xerox 700, tired cleaning various cog and sensors in that area of machine but am still getting it, any ideas?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Xerox is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It's a 700 with 2.4m on it approx
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: tried cleaning the cogs and sensors in the area before the 2nd btr, got a few prints through but was jamming in what i think is the nip rollers, cleaned again and started throwing up the error again along with 077-223
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

That code means a Pre-Registration NIP has failed.

This can happen owing to a paper jam, or debris loose or jammed or stuck in the paper path.

That will probably require a service call, if no obstruction nor abnormality can be found in the paper path anywhere, upon examination.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
do you know the part number of the preregistration nip part or what i can get a service manual to identify?

I would advise you to do something simple before being concerned to replace anything:

- open the paper path, examine, if there's lint or dust, sweep it up with a clean dry cloth (don't wipe the greenish-metallic drum surface, nor the developer belt! they can be damaged by being touched carelessly or wiped off.)

As for a service manual for your model of Xerox Digital Press... I suspect there aren't any available for this model. A search reveals very little... just this, which looks dubious, since it is obviously a 'click me' ad, and those are sometimes up to no good, or offer nothing real but banners and banners and downloads and downloads and basically nothing good. Proceed with caution if you proceed with this:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1G_jVnVbISDqxyQBYSDh8zonf_ywADJ1wBc-EXmohDnA/edit