littlerusty2005
littlerusty2005, Customer Service
Experience:  Printers and copiers, fax machine expert
63817454

Intellifax 2820 and I have to replace the Paper Tray Feeding

Customer Question

Intellifax 2820 and I have to replace the Paper Tray Feeding Kit. Looks like the part is one unit, but can't get the old one out. There was a little gray bar thing on the bottom where a hook on the bottom of the roller unit hooked in...got that off, but how to get the whole thin out.
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  littlerusty2005 replied 7 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

Do you still need help with this?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have been waiting since last week. I finally gave up and put the unit back together. It is still jamming so I think it still needs the rollers replaced. I can't figure out how to get it out without taking the whole printer apart.

Click here, chapter 5 has the disassembly instructions. That's the service manual for the entire printer, down to the nut. That should be very useful.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have to take the whole unit apart from the beginning of that chapter just to get to the pickup roller??? THat cannot be. It is a maintenance item. There has to be a way to get at that part without completely disassembling the entire unit.

Unfortunately on consumer grade fax machines, they are not really considered a maintenance item.

How is the repair coming along?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I am not going to do it. That process would take me hours to do and I don't have that kind of time or patience. It just does not seem right to have to take the whole unit apart to get to a roller for paper. I am too afraid of breaking something else or not being able to reverse the steps to put it back together. There are so many pages of steps, there is just no way. I will just deal with the jamming. I wiped off the rollers with a damp cloth...maybe that will work

You may want to give Brother a call, a lot of companies will offer you an incredible discount for a brand new printer.

(###) ###-####

M-F, 9:00am to 9:00pm Eastern Time

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
There is nothing wrong with this fax. If I spend the time to reprogram a new one I may as well spend the time to fix this one. I will just live with the jamming.