ElectronicsPete
ElectronicsPete, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Engineer
30970729

I own a Kodak HR500 that I've been using for years. I'm a

Customer Question

I own a Kodak HR500 that I've been using for years. I'm a professional lab. I used a company called HR500scanner.com for service, but they no longer answer. I'm trying to track down someone else with tech knowledge of that scanner.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kodak is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Its the HR500+. My original one I got in 2006, and it was used already. I had to replace it about 18 months ago. The unit has been discontinued since 2005, and Kodak stopped support in 2010. The HR500scanner.com people were former Kodak techs.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I've done all the basics like replacing the SCSI cable, connecting and reconnecting boards and cables, and a general cleaning. I can't get into the SAM software because it doesn't see the scanner as being connected. Since the scanner never gets to the three beep message, when I turn on my computer it doesn't even recognize that its attached.
JA: The electronics expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: That's basically it. I've used the machines so long that I'm very familiar with it, I just can't do diagnostics. I even have an extra machine for parts if needed.
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  ElectronicsPete replied 3 months ago.

My name is***** will try my best to help you with your question.

What zip code area are you located in?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
70119

In your area you can contact Borne Office Machine Repair LLC:

***** phone (###) ###-####/p>
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I contacted them, and they're not familiar with that unit at all. Any other thoughts? I don't necessarily need someone local. I'm looking more for someone that can do phone support diagnostics. I can do any actual repairs.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Pete, I responded to you on Friday. That company isn't familiar with that scanner at all. So as of now, I haven't gotten any help from you at all. Obviously I cant rate you.

Ok, the Borne company are the closest company to you who dealt in scanners generally.

If you can work with someone over the phone, then you can try the following company:

http://hr500scanner.com/

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
You're not helping much. I can search the internet myself. hr500scanner.com hasn't answered their phone in over a year. I've worked with them before. I mentioned them in my original question.