Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Owner of IT consulting/services company.

I have cleaned the feeder scan glass and the line still

Customer Question

I have cleaned the feeder scan glass and the line still appears. The line does not appear if I do not use the feeder. What is the solution to this problem? Thanks
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.

Sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with this but I’ll do my best to help you out.

What is the model of your printer/scanner?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Xerox 6505
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

This will be the result of contamination in the ADF. Lift the lid over the adf and check carefully with a flashlight for any scraps of paper, stray staples or paperclips, etc. Clean all exposed rubber wheels/rollers with qtips and rubbing alcohol. Blow it out with compressed air, then close it back up.

Lift the lid over the glass, then clean the underside of the lid on the far left side carefully, focusing on the thin plastic strip there (which is what guides the scanned page into the output tray), which is where the most dust tends to accumulate causing lines, rather than the actual glass.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Nathan,I am not in the office with the scanner with the problem, I should be back to that office around 6:30 this evening. I will continue with your recommendation for looking for problens of paper and such then, and get back to u. Not done yet. Bruce
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

No problem at all, Bruce.

The biggest place to focus is that plastic strip on the underside of the lid, and I think that will take care of it for you. I'll be here if you need anything further.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Do you need more help with this, Bruce?