ElectronicsPete
ElectronicsPete, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Engineer
30970729

I have a message from Kyocera 6026cdn "machine failure call

Customer Question

I have a message from Kyocera 6026cdn "machine failure call service c 3100"
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kyocera is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: before that I have "replace k toner message"
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I just replace it
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no, thank you. that's all
Category: Office Equipment
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
is less than one year old
Expert:  ElectronicsPete replied 4 months ago.

C3100 indicates a scanner carriage problem. The error code indicates that the "home signal" is not reaching the main board in the required time; a very unusual problem for a new machine. The problem could be a bad board, bad motor, loose cable, or something mechanical obstructing the scanner carriage.

Start by looking through the scanning glass; there are two main parts or carriages. Both of these assemblies slide on rails.

Does the scanner assembly move at all when you power the machine on? Look through the glass: the scanner cables should be seen connected to the carriages; the cables should not be loose or laying on the deck. The home sensor might not be visible to you if the both carriages are in the way, but it is a small black object with two projections. A flag on the carriage slides between the gap created by the projections (this is the home position). Looking through the glass, that sensor is located at the left rear corner and it should not be hanging or tilted.

Let me know how you get on...

Hi, just checking in on your question, do you need any further assistance?