Russell H., Service Tech.
Experience:  10 yrs fixing office equipment. Decades of typewriter fixes.
13568747

We have a Ricoh color laser printer. Aficio AP C410DN. Just

Customer Question

We have a Ricoh color laser printer. Aficio AP C410DN. Just recently it stopped printing and would give us a paper miss match and tell us to use the bypass tray. The bypass tray is working and we are getting prints off the printer. Today we were looking into the issue. The print jobs are calling for 8 1/2 x 11 paper. That is what is loaded in the paper tray. The paper tray is on auto detect. If I use from feed to force the printer to us tray one. We only have one tray. The print comes out fine. I have looked over the paper drawer and it look fine. I can move the paper end stop and the little target moves. Do you know how the tray auto detect works? Also we did set the tray to custom size and set it to 8.5 x 11, but it still will not auto pull paper from the tray.
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Yvette replied 7 months ago.

Hello. Do you have more than one size paper in your printer?