ElectronicsPete
ElectronicsPete, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Engineer
30970729

I have a canon image formula dr-m140 scanner, I am upgrading

Customer Question

I have a canon image formula dr-m140 scanner, I am upgrading to win 10. I have downloaded the wind 10 driver for the scanner, but cannot find the Capture Perfect disc so cannot run the upgrade...and my system relies on using Capture Perfect.
The serial number is ***** I am hoping I will be able to download the software, of that you could email the file to me***@******.***.
Many thanks
Sue Schutz (Rhymney Nominees/ EM Schutz PL)
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  ElectronicsPete replied 5 months ago.

Hi Sue

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Pete
I think the email says it all. I have lost the disk for Capture Perfect v3+ which is the scanner software that come packaged with Canon scanners, and without it I cannot load the upgrade..it says you can upgrade from the original disc. I know tech support can access these files (or they have been able to in the past with previous scanners..but I cannot.) I got to your site, which does not seem to be a Canon site via the Canon Support site...so I assumed this would get me to Canon technicians.
I just need to be able to download the Capture Perfect v3+ software. There are some software out there named Capture Perfect..but when checked them out they seem to be for cameras specifically.
Not sure if you will be able to help, but am hoping you have links with canon Tech Support.
Thank you

After the upgrade, your previous software should still be installed - have you tried searching on the computer for Capture Perfect?

Let me know if you would like remote assistance to find it.

Expert:  ElectronicsPete replied 4 months ago.

Hi, just checking in on your question, do you need any further assistance?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I know all this. Please read my email. The software is not on my computer..it is a new computer. The software on the Internet has the same name. Capture Perfect, but from the description is NOT the same software. I do not have the original disk and need to obtain the software from Canon. I thought from the Canon website that your organization was in some way affiliated with their Tech Support..
If you cannot assist with this matter, and have no relationship with Canon Tech Support, then please advise me of this..since unless you do it does not seem to me likely you can be of any assistance.
regards

Ok, you said you upgraded to Windows 10, do you mean you upgraded to a new computer that is running Windows 10?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I upgraded to a new PC using win 10.