Russell H., Service Tech.
Experience:  10 yrs fixing office equipment. Decades of typewriter fixes.
13568747

I have a xerox phaser 6128 mfp printer. I got the following

Customer Question

I have a xerox phaser 6128 mfp printer. I got the following error message: Contro Panel Error 123-314
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Xerox is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: appox 8 years old Phaser 6128 mfp
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: turning it off over night and unpluging it.
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: I think that is it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 5 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The touch-screen may have a defect. At that age, 8 years, you should be able to see what 'key' on it is defective, if so.

The other possibility is, that there is a corrupt print job to this printer, somewhere on the network. So look on the printer server for 'stuck' print jobs, and delete all the queued jobs.

(If there is no print server, then you will have to delete jobs from the queues of each printing computer, one by one.)