flopcat98
flopcat98, Other
Experience:  Worked with computers copiers and all office equipment for many years.
23372949

I HAVE A SHARP FO-2081 COPIER THAT I NEED TO TURN OFF THE

Customer Question

I HAVE A SHARP FO-2081 COPIER THAT I NEED TO TURN OFF THE ECM AND SLOW DOWN THE TRANSMIT SPEED. I KNOW HOW TO GET TO THE SOFT SWITCHES , BUT DON'T KNOW WHICH ONE TO CHANGE
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.

Good morning Mark. My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this.

The soft key setting that you are looking for is Setting 20: ERROR CORRECTION MODE (ECM)Press "1" (YES) to have any distortions in a transmission due to noise on the telephone line be corrected before print-out at the receiving end. This is only effective when the other machine has ECM as well. Press "2" (NO) to turn the function off.Factory setting: "1".

The modem speed for this machine is 9600 with automatic fallback to 7200, 4800, 0r 2400 bps. There does n't seem to be any way to set it to default to anything slower than 9600.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.

I've attached a link to the user manual for this model in case you 'd like to print it or save it for future reference.

http://bit.ly/29nCTf7

Please let me know how this works for you. If you need clarification on any of the steps or have additional questions I am happy to assist. I am committed to working with you until the problem is fully resolved.

When your problem has been resolved, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it!. As an independent contractor for just answer, I do not receive credit for my answer and I am not compensated in any way without a rating of at least 3 stars. You can provide a rating by clicking on the stars and then clicking on submit. Please remember, don't rate until you are satisfied. If you need more help, please let me know so I can continue to work with you or allow me to "opt-out" so that other experts can assist you. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I'm sorry but you sent me an operation manual for an FO-2060 , my problem is on an FO-2081 copier/fax.the transmission speed is 14,400bps. I need to know how to slow it down due to the customer using FOIP. I can get to the soft switches in service mode 66
Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.

I do apologize. Here is the link for the correct user manual:

http://www.manualslib.com/download/324900/Sharp-Fo-2081.html

I can find no options for slowing the transmission speed. I will opt out to see if other experts might be able to assist you.

Expert:  flopcat98 replied 5 months ago.

the only place that i can find it is in chain dialing where you can use the arrow to get to communication speed

it has 4 settings 1 to 4 with 1 being the fastest and 4 the slowest

it is on page 39 of the fax manual for it on this site

http://olsonbros.com/sharp/specs/pdf/ib-fo2081_fax.pdf

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am a copier tech who runs a small business on my own. This has not answered my question. If you can't help me , please don't charge my card. I am sure the answer is in the service manual , but I can't find mine. Thank you, Mark

I don't see why it would be in a service manual and not the user manual. It is something that a user would do.

and frankly if it is just one customer that they are having problems with i don't see why setting it up as a chain number would be a problem.

did you look through the fax manual i supplied ?

The speed can not be changed unless it is set as a chain number

please see the attached screen shot.

again how to set the number as a chain number and how to set the communication speed is in the manual on page 39 on this link

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The speed can be changed in the soft switches. These are in service mode 66 test command. It is a tech change , not a user change. The customer is using voice over internet for faxes, the speed must be slowed down to make up for them not using an analog , dedicated line

ok. I wil opt out as i have not got a service manual either and i cant find one online