AnserGuy81
AnserGuy81, Printer Repair Technician
Experience:  10 years experience repairing office equipment.Ive always found it more satisfying to repair a machine, rather then replace it.
19897260

My printer, an MFC-J5910DW was scanning into my computer

Customer Question

Hi, My printer, an MFC-J5910DW was scanning into my computer perfectly yesterday, today it won't get pass the 'connecting to computer' screen. Microsoft did an overnight update but apart from that nothing is different. My windows version is 10. Any ideas
JA: What is the machine's exact make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Brother MCF-J5910DW about 2 - 3 years old
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Turning the printer and computer on and off. Printing from computer and scanning from computer using photoshop - both worked but it won't connect scanning from the printer
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: That would be great please
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Sudipto replied 5 months ago.

Thanks for posting your question on this site. You said that MS did an overnight update by this, do you mean that your Windows was upgraded to 10 or just the regular updates of Windows ?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Don't worry it was firewall problem my private networks firewall was switched on my Mr Gates wonderful company during the update without asking me - Grrr! As soon as I switched that off it all worked again perfectly. Thanks for your help
Expert:  AnserGuy81 replied 5 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

If you encounter any more issues after the updates. lets us know!

Also, this would be a good time to turn off automatic updating, so issues like this dont keep occuring every time windows decides it must have some random update.

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/turn-off-windows-update-in-windows-10

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.