Russell H., Service Tech.
Experience:  10 yrs fixing office equipment. Decades of typewriter fixes.

I understand there is a fee service. Can you explain the fee

Customer Question

I understand there is a fee for this service. Can you explain the fee structure to me.
Category: Office Equipment
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
We have a Xerox 770 Digital Color Press. We received a fault code #10-320. I understand that the code indicates that the fuser overheated and needs to be replaced. We replaced the fuser. I now need to the codes to reset the error in the maintenance area of the system. Can you tell me what the code is to reset this error. Also our technician reset code 744-003 to 0 by mistake. I need to reset that code as well, but do not know the correct value to enter in the system.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I cannot explain the fee structure. It's not a part of my duties as a JustAnswer Expert, so I have to refer your inquiry to Customer Support at, which may be contacted through

As for the fault code that was reset: what did the technician 'hit' accidentally? I presume the Xerox was in service mode, where stored values of great significance could be altered.

Has the change to that code been saved?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Our color technic***** *****ged the value of 744-003 to 0 and saved that change. It was the wrong code to change. I need to set 744-003 to it's correct value. After correcting this error, I need to fix the problem with error code 10-320.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
he was in service mode when making the changes.

I regret that I have no information on the 'correct' value of 744-003.

I can find no information on that after a search.

Perhaps a service manual might contain the information about that memory location... would you be interested in a referral to a source for a service manual for this Xerox 770 Digital Press model?

As for error 10-320... on some Xerox machines it is a reset for location 744-350 and that location needs a reset to 0... but I would still prefer to cite (or if I had it, to quote from) a service manual for the 770, not information from some other Xerox model.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you. I appreciate your effort.

You're welcome. The 744-350 location is for the DocuColor series.

As for a service manual for the 770... I regret that I cannot locate a source for one on a casual search.

Having come up with only so much, I must Opt Out of this case, with apologies - the case is now opened to other Experts in this category, one of which may have more information to offer.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok. Thank you.