Russell H., Service Tech.
Experience:  10 yrs fixing office equipment. Decades of typewriter fixes.

I have a Ricoh MP C3000 printer. The message says no black

Customer Question

I have a Ricoh MP C3000 printer. The message says no black toner. I have installed a new toner and still get the same message. The old tone was half full.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: Ricoh Aficio MP C3000
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: 1. Turning the machine completely off, 2. replacing with new toner, 3. removing toner and starting machine and replacing toner
JA: The office expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Office Equipment Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Have you replaced the old black toner with a refilled toner cartridge?

Is the new black toner that you have put in, in fact a genuine OEM-original Ricoh-made toner cartridge?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It was replaced with a new toner cartridge, genuine Ricoh toner and it still says no toner.

OK. That means a more serious problem has occurred.

If it's not a 'compatible' cartridge, then is it the right cartridge # ***** this machine?

Resets are inadvisable for this machine, in this sort of case. The best thing to do is, to either put out a service call on the machine, try another new genuine black toner (in case the one you put in is defective - in which case if the next one worked, you'd send that defective one back as defective, for a refund or another new one), or else try to replace the toner pump yourself.

(If I were considering that last alternative, I would clean that area first, in case a sensor is occluded that picks up the new cartridge or its status. Esp. I would advise, in any case, taking a clean dry rag cloth, and wiping any electrical contacts, metal and either silvery, coppery, or gold (but nothing that is shiny and bluish-green! that would damage it if you touched it with a cloth), that are in the area of the black toner cartridge.)