Russell H., Service Tech.
Experience:  10 yrs fixing office equipment. Decades of typewriter fixes.
13568747

I have a Ricol Aficio AP610N printer connected to an imac os

Customer Question

I have a Ricol Aficio AP610N printer connected to an imac os 10.85.
My computer is connected through a router and everytime I try to send something over to print the printer does not process it but if I turn off the printer and then turn it back on then it starts processing the page to print. Any suggestions to correct this?
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

It's possible that turning the printer Off, doing an uninstall of the printer driver, then restarting your iMac computer, and then re-installing the printer driver, might help with the problem.

But some printers do that sort of thing by and by... except for the installing of the wrong printer driver, which can also produce this sort of 'sent page failure without reset'.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Not real sure how to uninstall the printer driver.

Go to the Printers list.

Select the printer there.

Use the - button to delete it.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I did the uninstall, shut down and then reinstalled the printer driver but it still doing the same thing.
If the printer is on and I send something to print it will not print but if I turn off the printer then send something to print and turn back on the printer it works.

Change the setting for Print Directly To Printer, if your printer's driver's settings have that setting.

That might help. Questionably, but it might.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It did not have that option.

Then I am out of options to suggest... either the router is 'flakey'/erratic, or the network adapter on the computer (unlikely, unless it also drops the internet connection often), or the printer's network adapter, unfortunately.

If the printer is on a network cable, try replacing that. It might doubtfully help.