Russell H., Service Tech.
Experience:  10 yrs fixing office equipment. Decades of typewriter fixes.

PANASONIC KX-F555 Ready to send a FAX Insert page(s) Press

Customer Question

Ready to send a FAX
Insert page(s)
Press Speakerphone then dial number
Press START when other machine answers and chirp is heard
Speakerphone pilot light goes out and line is lost
XMT REPORT says NO RESPONSE (with 3 possible reasons)
What's wrong?
George Stebbins
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The No Response error might be caused by the line being too low-quality ('bad') for the faxing handshake of tones to take place.

It might be caused by the line being disconnected, essentially, if the other machine never answered with tones.

Or, it might be that your fax is defective, or the fax at the other end is defective.

But check this first:

- that the phone line is plugged into the 'L' or 'Line' jack, and not into the 'P' or 'Phone' or phone-handset-logo jack (in which, it will not work properly.)

- That your phone line, the one going to the fax, can (when you dial your cell phone # ***** the fax's keypad) actually call out... if your cell phone rings, then the call did go through and the line is OK and the fax is dialing out on the line.

- Try faxing to another destination fax... the one at the other end *can*, and sometimes is, all that is at fault.

- Was new phone equipment, or answering machine/voicemail equipment, recently installed on the same phone line? if so, and if it or the installation was done wrong, then you might have a problem there.

Let me know what you find out, and what happens. I will have further advice depending upon circumstances.