Russell H., Service Tech.
Experience:  10 yrs fixing office equipment. Decades of typewriter fixes.
13568747

I have a Sharp FO-130 fax machine. I do not have an owners

Customer Question

I have a Sharp FO-130 fax machine. I do not have an owners manual. The phone part of the fax to dial out is not working. Nothing has changed on the fax machine it just quit dialing out. Any help would be greatful.
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Can you tell me a bit more about the problem please:1) Is this a dedicated fax line, or a shared voice/fax line?2) Is this a landline from the local phone/cable company, or a VOIP service (vonage/magicjack/etc)3) Do you have dsl service on the same line?4) Are you able to RECEIVE faxes?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It is a shared voice/fax line
It is a landline
No DSL service on that line.
I don't know. My brother in law was able to make just regular phone calls using the handset and key pad but that does not work any long.
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.
Okay, can you try plugging a regular phone into the same wall jack that the sharp is connected to, and test if you can make/receive calls on the regular phone that way?Can you please also try to test receiving a fax. This is an important part of the diagnostic process.