Russell H., Service Tech.
Experience:  10 yrs fixing office equipment. Decades of typewriter fixes.
13568747

What type of sensor is in a ativa paper shredder auto grind

Customer Question

what type of sensor is in a ativa paper shredder auto grind light is on, reverse works,
sensor wont trigger any more following bad jam cleared out with tweezers did i damage
it? is it mechanical?
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. The jam sensor / paper sensor in these shredders is almost always a little plastic lever, which the presence of paper presses aside.You may have either jammed it, or broken it off, unfortunately. Bad jams can lead to that.With the power Off, and unplugged, look between the cutting blades for a sign of such a presense switch or minute plastic lever. See if it is jammed in place, e.g. jammed down, or if only a stub of it is left and it was broken off.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
thanks i discovered it by taking the thing apart it was jamed somu were right thanks anyway
I'm glad to hear that the problem has been solved.Now that the case is finished, please rate my answer. Thank you for consulting JustAnswer.com.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
good answer took to long so turned out to be waste of money
I regret that I was the first to post an answer, and that it took awhile for your question to get a response. And, you discovered how to fix it yourself - I understand that, and must approve of your ability. Thank you for consulting JustAnswer.com. (If you have any concerns about charges or billing, I have no power over such matters myself as a JustAnswer.com Expert. The scope of my duties is to provide the best advice I can on the technical matters within my fields of specialization.For all issues of billing, payment, subscription terms and status, etc., I must refer you to Customer Support at JustAnswer.com, which may be contacted through***@******.*** will no doubt address your concern, if you contact them, with reasonable promptness.)