Russell H., Service Tech.
Experience:  10 yrs fixing office equipment. Decades of typewriter fixes.
13568747

I bought a used toshiba estudio 4540c and need to reset the

Customer Question

I bought a used toshiba estudio 4540c and need to reset the admin password
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I bought a used toshiba estudio 4540c and need to reset the admin password
JA: Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. Try this:-switch machine On while holding down 0 key and 8 key, keep on holding them, until you hear a beep and the extension key should light up.The screen should sayTest Mode DThen key in the number2 6 3the press START button.Should see Admin password ***** the screen, and can change it to anything you wish.Then press SET on the touch screen, to set its value. That should do it.Then switch the e Studio machine Off.Then wait at least 2 minutes, or longer.Then turn the machine On and the change has been done. If this answers your question, please rate my answer. Thanks.