Russell H., Service Tech.
Experience:  10 yrs fixing office equipment. Decades of typewriter fixes.

I have a KM 3035. It is networked.Printer functions work

Customer Question

I have a KM 3035. It is networked.
Printer functions work fine. Scanner has worked fine, but recently stopped working. It won't link with the computers. I have gone into the scanner from the computer and verified IP addresses. I have flipped the printer and scanner cables to see if the cable or port on the router was bad. On the RJ45 port on the scanner, the three lights are as follows: 10 dark, 100 solid green, ST blinking red
Can you help me figure out where the problem is, or give me further diagnosis instructions?
Thanks, Bill****************
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 5 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. The lights indicate that a good-enough cable is connected to a good-enough port at the other end, pretty much. No problem nor indication there. Think back: at the time that the scanner ceased to function was- the network router or switch upgraded?- the router or switch reset?- the computer you scan to changed in some way? If anything of the sort happened, it could have changed things so that the scanner no longer can send to the computer.The second might lead to the IP Addresses for local communication stored on the scanner, being now wrong for proper functioning. What happens when you try to scan? and how do you go about trying to scan (as usual I presume, but tell me, roughly, what steps on what machine) ?Is there an error message when it fails? if so, what is the full and exact text of the error?