Russell H., Service Tech.
Experience:  10 yrs fixing office equipment. Decades of typewriter fixes.

How do I fix the clunking sound of my Panasonic UF-8000 fax

Customer Question

How do I fix the clunking sound of my Panasonic UF-8000 fax machine?
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 5 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. That depends upon where the sound is coming from, and especially at what times you hear it. Usually such a noise comes from a roller (or other turning element of the machine's moving parts) that is not well secured in place, at its axle. Determining where the noise is coming from is vital to finding what axle (generally) is loose. Or simply examine all rotating moving parts' axles, and see which ones seem to need fixing. Does the printed output, or copying, look abnormal or defective in any way?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks we tried taking parts off to hear and see where the noise came from. Looks like we can't fix it will buy a new machine. Thanks for your help.
I'm sorry my advice was not more useful in this case. Thank you for asking your question here at