GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience supporting electronics of all kinds

I am using a Ricoh MP C2003 printer. I am trying to

Customer Question

Hello! I am using a Ricoh MP C2003 printer. I am trying to reset the default scan file type to PDF, but it always goes back to TIFF as the default. I know how to set it to PDF, but I am trying to change the default, so the rest of the crew always sends the correct file type
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.
Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.
I know this is not what you're hoping to hear, but there appears to be no way to set the default file type for scanning, other then by using the distributed scan management (DSM) system in Windows Server 2008 R2 or installing the WSD Scanner Software on each employees computer and setting a default profile with in the software that specified the default file type as pdf. We had one of these models at a client location at my previous job. Just to be sure that I had this right, I checked the manual for this printer. I'll attach a link so you can peruse it as well. I searched all through it for a way tp set the default file type to pdf and this was the only way that I could find. Here's the direct link to the section of the online manual regarding scan settings. note that there is no mention of setting anything as default. Also, here's a link to an explanation of how to use the distributed scan management (DSM) system in Windows Server 2008 R2 to manage scan settings for each individual user in a group., here's the link to the first page of the manual. It is searchable.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.
As I mentioned earlier, I do realize that this is probbaly not what you were hoping ot hear but it is nonetheless a correct answer. I hope that it has been at least a little bit helpful. please kindly take a moment to rate my service. As an independent contractor for just answer, I do not receive credit for my answer and I am not compensated in any way without a rating of at least 3 stars. You can provide a rating by clicking on the stars and then clicking on submit. Please remember, don't rate until you are satisfied. If you need more help, please let me know so I can continue to work with you or allow me to "opt-out" so that other experts can assist you. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!
Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.