Russell H., Service Tech.
Experience:  10 yrs fixing office equipment. Decades of typewriter fixes.
13568747

I have a Xerox WorkCentre 6505 printer and it is now

Customer Question

Hello - I have a Xerox WorkCentre 6505 printer and it is now saying each time to Load Paper. But paper tray is full. I open the door and shut it....then it works but it keeps printing the old file over and over 1 at a time each time I shut the paper tray.
It is like it has lost the connection or is not seeing the paper???
Lori - Calgary
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 7 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. That sort of problem, with persistent re-printing and Paper Out or Load Paper messages, can often be caused by receiving a fax (or a print job from a computer) that contains odd-sized paper, such as a legal form attached to a fax. Also, check that other paper sources and paper trays are supplied with paper in the usual sizes for those other paper sources... if the printer is trying to print a legal-size form, it will need legal-size paper in the tray appropriate for that size of paper stock, or in the manual feed slot if there is one in this model.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
This model only has one paper tray and it holds letter size paper. What seems to be happening is that the printer keeps repeating and printing the same thing over and over after I pull out the paper tray and it starts printing again after it resets. Then it says 'Load Tray 1'. Wonder if something needs to be reset?
Is the printer set up to print from a computer?Is it connected to a phone line at all?