ElectronicsPete, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Engineer

I recently acquired a "Aficio SP C232SF" printer which our

Customer Question

I recently acquired a "Aficio SP C232SF" printer which our School no longer has a use for. The only component that had gone missing is the bypass feeder tray. I've put it all together and the machine is powering on. When this happens the display seems to be endless stuck in the 'Initializing warming-up' state. I can never seem to get the printer to go any further. Any ideas?
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  ElectronicsPete replied 5 months ago.
Hi there,Was the printer previously connected to a network? If so, it may still be searching for that network and will not initialize until it finds it.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi PeteYes it was a networked printer - it was connected to the School's network. I still work in the School in IT so could reconnect it to the network if needed.Also the status message on the printer screen just says 'warming up'. I ran a test yesterday to see if giving the printer more time to warm up would make any difference. I left the printer on for 6 hours and aside from making whirling sounds when it was first turned on the status on the display never changed from 'warming up'.How do you recommend I proceed?Joseph
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Pete, one more thing that may be relevant. The printer was offline and not in-use for many months.
Hi Joseph,It may be that the printer is searching for the old network and will not initialize fully until it finds it.So first, try connecting it to the network again and let me know if it initializes ok.If that does not work, then there is likely a hardware fault of some sort that is preventing the machine from initializing.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Is it possible to reset the printer to factory settings to avoid searching for the School network? ... It's a big printer so would prefer not to move it again if possible.
Try pressing the * and # ***** on the machine at the same time and hold for 10 seconds.Nothing will seem to happen until you hold both buttons down for the full 10 seconds. Once 10 seconds is reached, the machine will shut down and begin to reboot. During this process, the printer is resetting itself to factory default settings.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Machine didn't reasond at all to pressing # & * together for 10sec.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I turned on device then held buttons for 10 seconds together but machine just said 'warming up' and didn't reset itself.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Pete, no luck fixing this printer so far. What would you suggest I do next?
Sorry for the delay - let me see if another expert has any further ideas on this...