ElectronicsPete
ElectronicsPete, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Engineer
30970729

I have a HP 2140 fax machine and I am receving a carrier stall

Customer Question

I have a HP 2140 fax machine and I am receving a carrier stall error? How can I fix it. Jerry
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Office Equipment Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best. Is there anything else the Office Equipment Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Office Equipment Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  ElectronicsPete replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jerry
To get around the carrier stall error, first try removing the ink cartridges, and performing a power reset on the machine.Disconnect the power cord from the printer and the power outlet, then wait 60 seconds. After 60 seconds, plug the printer back in. Ensure you plug the printer directly to a wall outlet - make sure to bypass any sort of surge protector or power bar (sometimes this error can be caused by using a surge protector).Check for any stuck pieces of paper inside the machine.Make sure that the cartridges are installed correctly.Let me know how you get on...