Russell H., Service Tech.
Experience:  10 yrs fixing office equipment. Decades of typewriter fixes.

I'm looking to factory reset a Konica Minolta C280 ***** *****

Customer Question

I'm looking to factory reset a Konica Minolta C280 ***** ***** Mevis
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The two bottom trays are forced to be 8.5 x 11" I need them to accept 11 x 17 and I want to erase all the old companies info from the machine
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Camera and Video Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. Go toUtilitythen toAdministrator Settings,then toSystem Settingsthen toReset Settings.There you have a button for System Auto Reset. That may do at least some (for Copy operations) of what you seek, after one copy has been run off. Or it may be like this (from instructions for the BizHub 350, which is NOT part of your model series):Remove the Compact Flash coverPress the WARM RESTART switchWhen a * (or, black dot) appears at the left side of the screen, enter3with the number keys.Enter the 8-digit service code (default is 00000000 ) and touch END.Then (if you entered a wrong code) the Basic screen appears.Otherwise, if the service code was correct, you need to touch Exit. If you forget the service code, the RAMS board would need replacing, and they are reputedly no longer available.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
This did not work. We are scheduling a service call. You did not provide specic information for the C280 which is what it lead me to believe when I clicked on it. It show that this had been answered before. Everthing above can be viewed with a google search. I don't view this a custom solution
I'm sorry that did not work. Is the problem with the trays, that the bottom paper trays default to 8 1/2 by 11 inches, or is it that they will not accept a setting to 11 by 17 inches?